Pages - Menu

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Week of Mishaps

My hair looked something like this when Eric called me this morning. He had an accident at school, needed new clothes and was super embarrassed. Ryan had just left with the one car we have access to.

Do I wash my hair or get to my son? Being a sucker mom, I left the house with the hair color still in my hair and a HUGE t-shirt on to protect the exercise clothes I still had on. Since the school is about a mile away, I thought, "I'll rides Suzanne's bike." (The only other form of transportation I have.)

Flat tire.

So, I ran/walked to the school in the big t-shirt and the hair color. When I walked into the office with his clothes,  my appearance sent the women in the office laughing. I laughed too. It was so funny. Eric was a quick change and back to class letting me return to my hair dye plight. While I walked back I thought, "Well, at least those 'stubborn grays' don't have a chance!"

With none of my prematurely gray hair showing, my hair a couple shades lighter than intended.

Grateful my spirits have been higher this week, because I had another strange incident.



A couple months ago, Luke and I were looking for shoes at a thrift store. We just wanted a quick cheap pair for the moment. After looking at the shoes, he found a pair of size 7 women's Avias. He really wanted the shoes. I explained they were women's shoes and maybe there was a better option. He insisted, so I bought them. He had been wearing them regularly for weeks until I bought him a pair of Heelys 2 weeks ago. When my shoes got a big hole in them, I thought, "PERFECT! I'll snatch Luke's women's shoes." So I did. I bought a new pair of inserts and have been wearing them until I could get to the store to find myself a new pair.

Two day ago, I finally had a chance to try on and buy shoes at Kohls. I took the old, white Avias off to try on another pair of athletic shoes. I left them in one isle, walked around the corner to look at other shoe options, came back and they were gone! GONE! The ugly white shoes with the new inserts were gone! I started asking around, after doing 3 rounds, with Eric looking too, in the women's shoe section.

The shoe attendant looked at me like strangely and nervously, "Did you put them in a box?"
"Uh, no."
"Well, I just got here so I don't know what happened to them."
I had been watching her--because I'm creepy like that--for over 15 minutes. She didn't "just get there."
I tried to be kind. "I would have picked them up and maybe even thrown them away if I worked here. Are you sure you haven't seen them?"
"No. I haven't."
Okay. Huh?

Walking everywhere in my socks, I went to customer service and asked if they had anyone "turn in" some shoes. Nope.

So, I was "forced" into buying new shoes. When I asked the cashier if he had seen any shoes or if anyone turned them in he was like, "What someone jacked your shoes?"

Yep. Someone jacked my shoes. . . while I was shopping. 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog posts lift my spirits so much. Thanks for the laugh it was just what I needed today. I hope you all are doing well and getting everything figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an odd thing to have your shoes stolen while shopping... Seems like there's a million better things to steal from someone! And I'm laughing so hard at the image of you with hair color and funny clothes running to the school. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and reading!