Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Balloons Over Waikato 2014

Spontaneously, I decided to get the kids up early to take them to the "lift off" for the hot air balloon festival current taking place in Hamilton. (I'm sure Ryan would have appreciated an advance notice.) The Balloons Over Waikato is an annual festival, and we've heard a lot about it. We had breakfast and watched the balloons fill-up and take-off. The kids were a little late for school, but loved the opportunity. I figured, "Who cares if they're late. We're not going to be in NZ forever."

We're looking forward to Saturday night when they do a "Night Glow." Not entirely sure what that means yet, but it should be equally as delightful!







Hot air balloons are incredible. The shaped balloons were AMAZING!










I could never get a really good shot of this balloon; but, it's design was incredible!




This hot air balloon was my favorite! It was brought to the Balloons Over Waikato festival by an American! I thought, "What a great metaphor for the US. It's HUGE, ostentatious, a little arrogant and super innovative." It's AWESOME!! Love being an American!




2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Definitely worth being late for school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear Bridget. I love to read your blog and look at the pictures. Jeff and I are headed on our own adventure for the summer. We leave April 21 to serve as missionaries at a handcart trek mission. You remember our trek? I still have the picture you gave me to remember our trek. Our blog is jeffdebcowan.blogspot.com I will be thinking of you as I walk, and walk, and walk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and reading!